This position provides administrative support in the Office of Academic Affairs, specifically to the Associate Dean.
To provide general administrative support to the Associate Dean, Academic Affairs, including:
• administering and maintaining database for student opinion of teaching surveys
• telephone/reception, i.e., responding to enquiries from students, faculty, and visitors
• general administrative responsibilities, e.g., distribution of incoming mail, preparation of correspondence, photocopying, filing, arranging appointments and meetings
• updating and maintaining the Academic Affairs website
• scheduling meetings and taking minutes, e.g., Student Executive, Curriculum Committee
• compiling information for various reports and surveys, egg., Advisory Council and Council on Education
• distributing and collecting survey information; e.g., entrance and exit surveys, alumni and employer satisfaction survey
• assisting students in a wide variety of areas, e.g., special accommodations for special needs students, audits senior students’ transcripts to ensure accurate credit requirements, assigns peer tutors
• organizing and maintaining class schedules, midterms, final examinations, senior rotation schedule
• providing administrative support for the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE)
• performing other duties as assigned
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
Grade 12 graduation, and successful completion of secretarial course and medical terminology program, or a combination of education and related experience. Relevant years of experience in related administrative support work. Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated knowledge of the importance of confidentiality. Good working knowledge and experience in computers and computer systems; e.g., WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Database programs, spreadsheet programs, Power Point, e-mail, electronic scheduler. Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset.