The Veterinary Teaching Hospital is seeking applicants to create a list of Animal Health Technicians to work on an as needed basis to replace technical staff leaves as required.
• Provide nursing care to animals in wards and complete treatment orders for patients
• Monitor progression of ICU patients
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all clinical areas (including equipment)
• Assist in the Large Animal hospital with completing treatments as required
• Provide technical support to the LA Surgery service as required
• May be required to carry out specialized tasks or operate specialized equipment
• Other related duties as assigned
• Must be a graduate of an Animal Health Technician program from a recognized facility
• RVT designation would be preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have current experience with both small and large animals in a veterinary setting
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to work as part of a team, but must also be able to work independently as required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and references to be received no later than the closing date to email@example.com. Please ensure that your first and last name and the competition number are included in the email subject line. You can also apply in person to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.