The Vice President Research invites applications to provide Executive level assistance to the VP Research and to work as part of the Research Services team.
The role involves providing administrative, organizational and professional support to the Vice President Research (VPR) using independent judgment, discretion and diplomacy. Serves as VPR’s right hand and ensures that all matters are dealt with efficiently and with the highest level of professionalism. Works collaboratively with the Research Services team to ensure the research needs of the University community are met.
• Provide administrative support to the Vice President within the context of complex and rapidly changing daily, weekly and longer-term strategic priorities
• Prepare briefing notes for meetings, events and conferences
• Collect, extract, manipulate, analyze and summarize complex data from a variety of sources for non-routine reports
• Organize meetings, schedules, and appointments, including agendas, logistics & minutes
• Maintain and monitor office budgets, reconcile expense transactions on a monthly basis, and make account management recommendations
• Prepare follow-up documents including drafting correspondence and reports, updating policies and guidelines, and coordinating with staff and partners to ensure relevant actions are taken
• Book travel and prepare itineraries for Vice President and Research Services Staff
• Plan and coordinate various types of events working closely with internal and external departments and organizations
• Assist Research Services staff to identify and implement work flows to improve office efficiency
• Liaise with internal and external agencies to support research initiatives
Highly focused and results oriented with a proven track record in supporting complex, dead-line driven projects within demanding time frames; able to indentify priorities and resolve issues in initial stages. Effective analytical and problem resolution abilities. Adept at developing and implementing administrative processes that reduce redundancy, improve accuracy and efficiency, add value, and achieve organizational objectives. Excel at monitoring budgets, scheduling meetings, preparing materials, presentations, minute taking, coordinating travel arrangements, calendar and file management, correspondence, and all essential daily tasks and functions. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and professional demeanor. Handle confidential correspondence and documentation and treat with the utmost sensitivity. Effective team player with ability to work independently with little supervision.
Education must include at minimum the completion of an Executive Administrative Assistant one- or two-year program. A minimum of 5 years experience as a senior administrative professional supporting a fast-paced environment, dealing with complex issues, and managing conflicting priorities is required. Must be efficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, databases, online applications (e.g. web calendar, Skype), and web research tools. Experience in a university environment, bookkeeping, and completion of an undergraduate degree are desirable.