The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) of the Atlantic Veterinary College is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a full-time Radiography Technologist.
The radiographic technologist will:
• Schedule, position animals and carry out radiographic examinations on small and large animals (including but not limited to radiographs, ultrasound, flouroscopy, nuclear scintigraphy, and computed tomography)
• Assess the quality of images and positioning
• Be knowledgeable in the use of DR and electronic storage
• Assist the veterinarian or radiologist and prepare animals or equipment for special examinations including nuclear scintigraphy, CT, MRI and ultrasound studies
• Assist in the training of veterinary students and new staff
• Maintain equipment to radiation safety standards, perform quality control measurements, assist faculty in the direction and training of additional technicians and students
• Assist in the cleaning and disinfection of the radiology service areas
• Successful completion of a formal program of study in medical radiation technology from a recognized educational facility.
• Must have current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiology Technologists
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Experience or interest in CT and MRI modalities would be a benefit.