“Advancing Interdisciplinary Research in Singing”, AIRS, invites candidates to apply for a unique full-time Project Manager and Research Associate position. This successful applicant will be an integral member of an interdisciplinary collaborative program of research funded by the Major Collaborative Research Initiatives Program (MCRI) of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). Reporting to the AIRS Director, the Project Manager / Researcher will play a key role monitoring and assisting a large, world-wide research team in reaching the established milestones.
For a complete job description please email email@example.com .
The AIRS Milestone document which guides activities of the collaboration can be made available to interested parties by contacting Dr. Annabel J. Cohen, AIRS Director and Principal Investigator, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support and advice to the Director and Steering Committee with respect to the accomplishment of research milestones by the research teams, operational issues, management of the digital library, and associated research.
• Be responsible for facilitating alliances and linkages between academic and community-based researchers and partners to meet deadlines and priorities
• Assist with the development and maintenance of ethics applications
• Ensure quality control and the implementation of protocols in data collection, annotation and storage procedures
• Tracking research project and budgets with respect to research themes, project time lines and deliverables
• Develop and disseminate an effective communication strategy to report on the project progress
• Develop protocols for maintenance, storage and access to the digital library
• Monitor and forecast milestone reports
• Organize and support annual conferences and workshops
• Work collaboratively to monitor commitments and process for design, implementation, analysis and report writing on various projects
• Contribute to protocols for the collection of behavioural data
• Provide effective leadership and oversight to the project’s staff members
• Demonstrate safe work practices through the applications of the University’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience. A doctorate would be an asset. Additional assets are an interest in singing or music and bilingualism.
• Relevant experience in Project Management, preferably in an academic or research setting: identifying deliverables, tracking schedules and milestones, keeping records and reporting results
• Experience in providing advice to a senior research/management group on a variety of complex issues
• Demonstrated high level administrative skills, including computer skills, and proven ability to quickly learn systems and business processes
• High level interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in the supervision or leadership of staff
• Ability to work as a team member or independently as required
• Relevant experience in meeting deadlines and establishing prioritizes
• Experience in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols
• Ability to analyze and interpret data with the capacity to produce reports as required
• Experience with scholarly publishing
• Relevant experience with a variety of media for the dissemination of information
• Clear understanding of confidentiality