Research Services, University of Prince Edward Island is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Compliance and Awards Coordinator. The successful applicant will report directly to the Vice President, Research and will be the primary point of contact for faculty and student researchers preparing research compliance forms, serve as the super-user for the Research Services database, and will assist with the review and administration of research grants.
• Provides administrative support to compliance committees, guidance to researchers involved in the compliance process, and liaises regularly with compliance committee chairs and safety officers on campus.
• Reviews compliance submissions for completeness and conformity with university and agency policies and conducts ongoing monitoring for protocol and permit renewal.
• Coordinates internal compliance-related training sessions and external agency site visits.
• Updates and revises UPEI compliance policies and internal processes based on regulatory requirements.
• Serves as the super-user for the RS database, ensuring compliance, grant and contract information is entered correctly; runs reports and queries using the database.
• Assists with the research grant application and administration process, including identifying funding opportunities and reviewing grant applications.
• Undergraduate degree in a research related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge of research process, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, and understanding of current research and compliance environment. Ability to analyze federal regulatory requirements and apply them to the UPEI context. Knowledge and understanding of the Tri-Agency Framework on Responsible Conduct of Research.
• Computer skills to include proficiency in use of relational databases, electronic file management, current software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office), and ability to work with web based forms.
• Familiarity with proposal writing process.
• Demonstrated ability work as part of a team; strong written and oral communication skills; excellent ability to plan, coordinate and establish work priorities/deadlines; demonstrated ability to initiate actions and to work with minimal supervision; versatility to handle frequent interruptions while dealing with multiple tasks and deadlines; demonstrated commitment to professional development.