The University of Prince Edward Island is seeking a Manager of Administrative Services to work within the Facilities Management Department. Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management and working as part of the department management team, this position will be responsible for the business and administrative resources and processes to support the mission of the department. The department provides a full range of services in facilities, infrastructure, sustainability/energy management and security at UPEI .
• Manage day-to-day activities of administrative staff including staff scheduling ,performance evaluation, assigning and prioritizing work.
• Participate in staff selection and recruitment as required
• Coordinate training and orientation departmental and university policy and procedure.
• In consultation with Human Resources provides advice to the departmental management team on human resource/payroll/collective agreement issues.
• Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
• Monitor and analyze departmental key performance indicators and benchmarks.
• Coordinate the development and allocation of the departmental operating budget and provide monitoring, analysis, adjustments, auditing and reports.
• Monitor and provide reports on the usage of overtime within the department, and charges back to the appropriate customer as required.
• Monitor third party contracts.
• Manage the Work Control Centre including work order processing and room bookings.
• Order materials and supplies, process invoices, assist in managing service contracts.
• Communicate to the community key messages around FM services and service interruptions.
University graduate in Business Administration or related area of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years progressive responsibility in an administrative /accounting work environment requiring considerable knowledge of computer-related systems. Experience in a facilities management environment that would provide knowledge of modern maintenance management practices, unionized work environments, and building and labour codes would be considered an asset.
A copy of a detailed job description is available by contacting Human Resources (email@example.com).