The UPEI Registrar’s Office requires a highly motivated and innovative individual to join our recruitment team. Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, the incumbent will work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver the supports and services required for the recruitment and retention of UPEI students.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Develop and conduct recruitment-based activities throughout the Atlantic Provinces and other areas within Canada
• Work directly with high schools and their counseling staff to support the transition of incoming students to UPEI.
• Work directly with stakeholder groups that influence and support students in their decisions about pursuing post-secondary education (i.e. partner institutions, parents, other organizations, etc.)
• Efficiently conduct admission reviews and adjudicate admission decisions for high school applicants to UPEI.
• Provide admission and program information to a diverse range of prospective students and stakeholders.
• Support incoming first year UPEI students in their transition to university through coordinated academic advising and registration support.
• Work with the University recruitment team and other on-campus stakeholders in the development and delivery of recruitment initiatives (including promotional materials development, activities, events and other engagement strategies).
This position is pivotal to the development and delivery of the institution’s goals for student enrolment and vision for student success. As a member of the Registrar’s Office, the incumbent will be expected to contribute to the overall delivery of supports and services to the UPEI student population.
The successful candidate will possess;
• An undergraduate degree
• A valid driver’s license and the energy to maintain a busy travel and work schedule.
• Ability to carry boxes of promotional materials and display units.
• Experience working with the public in a professional setting
• Experience with public speaking and a comfort speaking to diverse groups (such as students, parents, school principals, etc.)
• A thorough understanding of the needs and expectations of first year university students, including what influences their decisions about choosing a post-secondary institution
• Knowledge of University programs, student supports and student life.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative, excellent judgement, creativity and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in using technology (including social media platforms) that support student engagement activities
• Demonstrated experience analyzing data (particularly enrolment data) and working with data systems