The successful applicant responsibilities include the supervision of staff relating to operation, maintenance and repair of the facilities and grounds for UPEI campus and properties.
This position will supervise that routine and preventive maintenance is completed, as well as emergency repairs. This includes organizing tasks and preparing work schedules, work orders, participating in day to day hands-on maintenance and any other related duties as may be delegated. This position is to provide supervision to subordinates, coordinate contractors to complete operational maintenance and project work. Assist Manager of Capital Projects and Maintenance in updating deferred maintenance and fleet replacement planning. The Maintenance Foreman reports to the Manager of Capital Projects and Maintenance. It involves a high level of cooperation with other Facilities Management staff. This position will require to provide direction to the snow clearing lead hand on weekends and evenings as required. This position will also require to be on-call after hours.
• High School Graduation Diploma, Diploma/Certificate in a maintenance trade from a recognized institution.
• Minimum 5 years in an appropriate trade along with 2 years supervisory experience.
• Ideal candidate will have facility management experience in a supervisory role (preferably in a unionized environment).
• Facility management courses and/or project management training would be considered an asset.
• Ideal candidate will demonstrate proven management experience, with sound professional judgement, initiative, leadership, effective motivation and delegation.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive interpersonal relationships with staff, faculty, professionals, and external agencies.
• Ability to plan, organize and monitor work activities of self; ability to plan, organize and monitor activities according to priorities, established schedules and deadlines.