Working under the supervision of the UPEI Digital Economy Research Team, a part-time Media Specialist is required for Web Design / Video Production and Content Management related to research on A University-College-Government-Community Partnership to Transform Education for Employment in the Digital Economy. This cross-sectorial partnership is being developed to co-create knowledge on how the digital economy changes the kinds of literacies students require to be successful, to increase the socio-cultural imagination of what is possible in schools, and to more accurately identify teacher capacity for innovation.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a lead person for a variety of different multimedia projects;
• Create videos for use on the web;
• Provide assistance in a variety of other content capacities;
• Implement web pages and updates as instructed by the research team;
• Collaborate with the Research Team and the Project Manager to create the videos and web content.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
• Competence in videography;
• Experience with video editing software;
• Experience in previous web content management;
• Experience in using the Web Content Management Systems (CMS) “SquareSpace” and up to date technology;
• Be an experienced user of social media and information and communication technology.
• Must have attention to detail;
• Able to work independently with good time-management.
Priority will be given to a candidate who has experience with Multimedia, web design, ICT and/or content management.