This employee will provide a wide variety of coordination, budgetary and administrative management and reporting services to an international development project. This is a multi tasking position involving the close tracking of financial accounts; frequent communications and collaboration with staff in Chile; and coordination of travel, meetings and other activities of a team that involves UPEI staff and faculty, and volunteers from the wider communities of PEI, NB and NS. Therefore, the person in this position must be very organized as well as personable, adaptable, possessing a high degree of initiative.
• Review funding agreement to ensure purchases are eligible
• Review all claims and associated expenses for accuracy
• Prepare monthly reports on available funds
• Prepare cash flow projections and financial forecasts based on all sources of funding and anticipated expenditures and review with PLs and Research Accounting
• Position includes travel to Chile to help train local administrative staff in accounting policies and process.
• Coordination of travel for team members
• Compile and draft various reports for review and submission
• Prepare tables and graphs
• Schedule, plan and participate in various online and face-to-face meetings and record minutes as required.
• Assist with the development of proposals and funding applications.
• Track progress with respect to project time lines and deliverables and identify any concerns;
• Assist with the preparation of presentations
• Help coordinate fundraising activities
• Facilitate communications among faculty, staff, community volunteers, project consultants and overseas project staff
• Maintain email distribution lists, online resources, databases and project website
• Maintain project files;
• Assist with preparation of various project-related documents and reports (both narrative and financial);
• Be familiar with all contractual agreements that provide project funding and advise the PLs of sponsor requirements and deadlines
• Work with Research Accounting and Office of Research Development to ensure new agreements are submitted with appropriate documentation and administrative approval forms
• Certificate or degree in business administration, pubic administration or related discipline; equivalent qualifications and experience would be considered;
• 3 years of experience in project administrative management
• Excellent time management skills, experience with coordinating projects; e.g., tracking schedules and milestones
• Excellent motivation skills, self-starter
• Excellent communication oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience in proposal development, budget management
• Proficiency in Spanish language is essential; at minimum, a basic capacity in Spanish is required, and a willingness to increase proficiency as rapidly as possible.
• Previous experience meeting the reporting requirements of CIDA, and familiarity with Results Based Management and Outcome Mapping are highly desirable.
• Must be prepared to travel to Chile for a period of several weeks, within the first 4 months of the project.