Date of Posting:
Nov 8 2012
MTS Level 6 - Animal Health Technician - SA Medicine
Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital requires an Animal Health Technician to assist veterinarians in the Small Animal Medicine service.
• Provide animal nursing care
• Carry out orders for treatments and diagnostic procedures
• Monitor patients and report any abnormalities
• Stock and maintain supplies in various locations
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
• Duties may be assigned in other clinical support areas
• Graduate of an AHT program from a recognized school (preference to RVT)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Current experience with small animals
It is important that candidates be self-motivated and able to work independently and also function well as part of a team.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week
November 2012 to November 1, 2013 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements.)
$47,548 - $52,304 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
Nov 16 2012
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and references to be received no later than the closing date to email@example.com. Please ensure that your first and last name and the competition number are included in the email subject line. You can also apply in person to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.