Date of Posting:
Nov 8 2012
MTS Level 6 - Small Animal OR Technician
Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
The Teaching Hospital requires the services of a Small Animal OR Technician. This position reports to the VTH Administration. Most of the duties are confined to the Surgery Department.
Under direction of the Small Animal OR Nurse, this position is responsible for the following:
• preparation of surgical suites,
• circulating nurse in the OR suites,
• scrubbing in for surgeries,
• providing technical support for surgical cases,
• preparing patients for surgery and diagnostic procedures,
• maintain medical records,
• relieve staff in other areas of the hospital,
• assist with clean-up,
• assist with teaching students hospital protocols and procedures,
• maintain stock,
• other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an AHT program from a recognized school (preference to RVT)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Current experience in a clinical setting with small animals
It is important that candidates be self-motivated and able to work independently and also function well as part of a team. This position will involve evenings and weekend work.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week (shift work is involved)
November 2012 to January 13, 2013 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements.)
$47,548 - $52,304 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
Nov 16 2012
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and references to be received no later than the closing date to email@example.com. Please ensure that your first and last name and the competition number are included in the email subject line. You can also apply in person to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.