The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) of the Atlantic Veterinary College is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a full-time Radiology Technologist position.
The radiographic technologist will
• Schedule, position animals and carry out radiographic examinations on small and large animals (including but not limited to radiographs, ultrasound, flouroscopy, nuclear scintigraphy, and computed tomography)
• Assess the quality of images and positioning
• Be knowledgeable in the use of DR and electronic storage
• Assist the veterinarian or radiologist and prepare animals or equipment for special examinations including nuclear scintigraphy, CT, MRI and ultrasound studies
• Assist in the training of veterinary students and new staff
• Maintain equipment to radiation safety standards, perform quality control measurements, assist faculty in the direction and training of additional technicians and students, and oversee patient
• Take a lead hand in the function of the radiology service
• Oversee the inventory of the radiology department
• Coordinate with other departments within the AVC and at other institutions
Successful completion of a recognized formal program of study in medical radiation technology. Must have current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiology Technologists. A minimum of 2 years relevant experience would be required. Must have good verbal and writing skills and be able to work with computer systems.